Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 6 - In which I channel Dave Barry to discuss phone calls

There exist in the universe only three acceptable locations for one to talk on a phone.

1.) Outside.  When I say outside, I mean in the middle of a fallow field, on top of a mountain, or in the middle of a vast ocean - someplace where your dramatic conversation about who can pick up Little Timmy after soccer practice will not disturb me as I read during my lunch break.

2.) In a car (ideally, alone).  This should probably not be while the car is moving down the highway, but I'll take what I can get.

3.) At home. 

Unless your side of the conversation entails asking how quickly the contractions are arriving, there is never a reason to be talking on the phone in any other location at any other point in your life.

I propose our elected officials works swiftly to curb the threat to our happiness as perpetrated by cell phones.

No comments: